Friday, July 9, 2021

Lesson 706: Halfway

 Hello, Readers.


Here we are,
just past the fourth of July,


with half a summer's worth 
of adventures to share.


The holiday was refreshing this year.


The kids even got in for a swim in the lake.


We were happy to hear Boom Over the Bay was back.


We found a few new trails,
and still have more to explore.


I spent most of my week chasing around this guy.

He towers over tall Eloise now.

Sam's All-Star team is in District Play.

They were supposed to play their first game at Ainsworth Field,

but it got moved to Firman, right in our own backyard..

Ellen gave Sam his surprise t-shirt anyway.

The recent games have run into rain.

Lightning forced a rain delay earlier in the week.

Tonight's game was a soaker!

I would LOVE this stuff to dry up my floors

after the dogs run through on a rainy day.

They dry tactics worked and play was able to continue

resulting in a win for the Huskies.



Feeding everyone is always a challenge.


I get restless with my cooking halfway through the summer.
Luckily I found these Cuban recipes in the newspaper this week.

I convinced a few suckers to try them out.

Cuban Sandwiches and The Cuban Special cocktail--

highly recommend.


Feeding them is one thing,
and drinking them is entirely another.


Halfway to 42 is just 10 weeks away, Ellen.
Hang in there.


I'm more than halfway through this page turner.
I hope they make it into a movie.
I MISS MOVIES!


Added to the Weird Things Found on Walks collection:


Walks have been out in the open.
Only the brave head into the trails without a bath in bug repellent.
Deer fly and mosquito territory!

This really works!


Rain brings mosquitoes,
but also the mushrooms.








I'll end this blog with a No Homework notice,
but wise advice you must heed......from a mushroom.



Eloise

No comments: