Friday, December 24, 2021

Lesson 728: Christmas Eve

 It's Christmas Eve, Readers!

I always picture the forest animals like this tonight,

waiting for Santa.


This is what I look like tonight.
You'll see the Lazy Lady's way
of posting pics--
a Canon photo of a phone photo.
The tree looks nice in the background.



I'll get them all cropped and fixed up
for next week's annual post-
The Lamp Post Year in Review.
It's my favorite of each year to write,
and it takes me almost a week to sort through
my life in photos,
looking for common themes.

My kids gathered around the tree for their annual required photo.



The Peanuts Gang gathered around the Charlie Brown tree
on my parents' windowsill.
These plastic characters circa 1975
have survived three consecutive storms 
that hit the little blue cottage.
Grandma dug them out of the beach debris
and brought them home for visiting children to play with.


These two college kids were all smiles
now that they are done with the fall semester.
They are hoping to return to in-person classes in January.
Neither are fans of online instruction.


It was nice to have some small gatherings this season.



I love seeing my grown up nieces and nephews.


Experiencing mature relationships with them
makes me long to revisit the past.
One simple way is to take your phone and 
search photos from the date, without the year.
For example, 
the following are my phone pics from December 24ths.




I'm ready to display the results of my handiwork underneath the tree.
Penny and Sam helped wrap this year.



My kids exchanged their gifts with each other today.
These purchase from the Boro Bookstore
are soon to be classics.
Penn West 2022.


Merry Christmas from the Lamp Post.





See you next Friday for The Lamp Post Year in Review.
It will be a good one.


Eloise

No comments: