Friday, August 5, 2022

Lesson 760: By the Numbers

 Hello, Readers.

It's been awhile.

7 days since the last blog

and 28 years  since I said "I do."

Mr. Lamp Post and I celebrated 

our wedding anniversary today.


We've celebrated 10, 220 days together!

He got me this beautiful bouquet of 

sunflowers and roses


and this cute card.


I got him this cute card



Very true.

So I got us matching FitBit Inspire 2's!

Now we can really get serious with numbers.
from steps to heart rate intensity to calories.

 I'm starting my goals with SLEEP!
I never get much but things are about to change.

We've accomplished lots of things in 28 years, spent mostly awake.

The 8 in the 28 reminds me of the infinity symbol,

which is really about love.


We had lunch at Pier 6 today.


Lunch on a rooftop


overlooking the bay



was a great way to spend the afternoon.

I'm a photo gal,
and spotted these in the elevator going up


so that's exactly what I ordered!
Yum!




About the time the black raspberries begin to ripen
I start to think about school.


I start by adding dates to the calendar.
This was very helpful this year!


How do I manage to fit all I have to do
into 180 days?

About as well as I do 300 piece puzzles.
They are my favorite!

I got a bunch of new ones coming for the fall.
A trick my puzzle loving mom taught me--
after you complete your puzzle,
disassemble it by taking off the edge pieces first
and putting them in a zip lock bag.
It saves the next person from having to sort out the edge pieces!

If you are a jigsaw puzzle lover
check out Buffalo Games & Puzzles

You can browse by artist, theme,
or piece count.
There are many that are as low as $4.95!


This is the one I'm awaiting arrival with anticipation!


I'm just about to finish up the Life is Good book
I was loaned by by kindly neighbors.
Life is extra good when you have nice neighbors.
Since then I've ordered 2 copies--
one for me to keep
(Questies, I've found lots of inspo you'll be seeing soon)
and one to gift.


I love everything about the company
right down to their mailing packaging.



They are always looking for story submissions about their 
clothing and accessories.
They will post photos on their website if you send them.
I'm gunning hard for that dog page!


And it just so happened that two little rescue pups
had recent birthdays!



I'm going to feel like a lucky dog
when I have hundreds of square feet of storage space back in my house
after Ellen heads back to college soon.

She has an eye and has a special place in her heart 
for a roadside find.
The problem is,
I have to find a special place in my home
to house all her freebies until she's through with them.


If you live on Hannon Road and were the discarder of this chair,
check back in a couple of weeks 
and I'll show you what she did with it.

Ellen had her last day of the Summer ESO Camp.
She had tears in her eyes showing me 
her new friends in the yearbook.  


Fall rolls into the season of giving,
and I have a great suggestion if you'd love to keep your donations local.

The Barber National Institute needs a new pool.
It's not just any pool.
It's specialized so that the floor raises so individuals with disabilities
can get into it.
Many a person has learned to swim in that pool,
including myself.
The clients of Barber National love their pool
and it is the highlight of their week.

Locals can see the TV commercial, too.
Look for Ellen in the back on the right.


Ellen had another media debut this week,
offering up her suggestions 
of Edinboro Essentials
recommended to new students.
Whoops--I'll forever be correcting myself until I get used to it--
PENN WEST students.

See Ellen's recs HERE

Edinboro and Penn State Behrend are about 30 minutes apart.

That's how far apart my girls will be 

when Natalie begins her job in the dining room again in a few weeks.

She's been tooling around with her helper Shaelie

all summer long

in this little red car


with eyelashes!

The big guy finished all his summer work

by July 31st so he gets a bonus!

25 is the number of points when you get a Gin!
My sister, mom, and I are learning the card game.

It's not a card game with out some drinks to go along with it.
I've been making some of these
and learning the history of gin.


I learned that during prohibition,
gin used to be made in bathtubs.
It still tastes like it was made in a bathtub,
which is why you have to mix it with stuff
so you can drink it without shuddering.
This weekend I'm trying to Cucumber Gin Fizz.

I already made Bees Knees and it was really good.

In my spare time I've been reading all about
plants for bees and butterflies.
I'm collecting seeds to plant in the spring,
and distribute in the fall.




My bee and butterfly haven is going
to be planted outside of the outfield fence
on field 1 in the Harborcreek Community Park.

I thought the butterflies would get a kick
out of watching the kids play ball.

Eloise

300

No comments: