Friday, August 26, 2022

Lesson 763: 180 Hard


Hello, Readers.

Eloise, here,

writing to you from the Lamp Post


on a Friday night after a football game--

and a home one, too!

Cheer for big #51 this season.


The Huskies got stung by the Hornets tonight
and lost the game,


which is always hard.

The onset of the season means
saying goodbye to summer.
Transitions can be hard.


Fall brings with it many good things.


September is more predictable
and an easier ride than the wild summer months.

I look forward to the ease of routine and anticipate 
a better school year for the Huskies.


The appreciation of this school start
does not come without a look back at the difficult years
that preceded this one.



Covid restrictions.
School safety.
Teacher shortages.
Student loan forgiveness.
It's not all about grading papers
and bulletin boards anymore.

Teaching is not easy.
In fact, it's 180 days of hard.
I think I'll name it the 180 Hard.

Did you ever hear of the 75 Hard Challenge?

It goes like this:



Fitting in TWO 45 minute workouts is hard!

There are spins the challenge
like this one:


And for the middle of the roaders--


The 75 Hard is really about habit development.
These are my two favorite books about forming habits.



Teachers Friends,
Eloise challenges you to create your own 180 Hard.
What habits do you need to develop for yourself
in order to have a successful year with your students?

I think city planning would be really hard.


It was nice to Celebrate Erie 
officially again at the annual festival.





We headed down to see the Chalk Walk last weekend.
Now that looks hard to do!






I think one of the hardest jobs is farming.


I made my yearly trek to the Crawford County Fair 
to see the animals.
Eloise loves farm animals!


This was sure Some Pig!



I know my teacher friends looked for those wise words 
of Charlotte the spider woven into that web.....
it was just a fake out--
it's a web from my tomato plant pot.

The hardest thing I did all week
was go on a bat hunt in my cousin's house.


I was all armed and ready to go,
and we never found it!


Eloise










































No comments: