Friday, August 12, 2022

Lesson 761: Eloise & The Six

 Peek-a-boo!

I spy some Readers at the Lamp Post!

Tonight's blog title is in honor of my weekly reading material

Daisy Jones & The Six.

Fine storytelling in a peculiar presentation,

which I love!

Daisies and Black Eyed Susans

and the like

are all parts of nature that I explore every day with my lens.

I love capturing moments with my Six--

four in human form 

and two pooches.

Natalie, playing in the number 2 spot of The Six,

has been in the kitchen cooking up everyone else's 

garden yields.

It's zucchini season.

Today she made four loaves of bread

and yesterday a big pot of zucchini soup.

We've toyed with gardens over the years.

I like the idea of them much more than the maintenance.

Eloise is making an all call for seeds!

I'd like to start a seed library

a stepping stone on the path of my ultimate goal

of making a Monarch Waystation in my backyard

just beyond the outfield fence of Field 1

in Harborcreek Community Park.

My beautiful anniversary sunflowers 

will be the first of my seed collection.

The wilting sunflower is a reminder 

that sweet summer is fading fast.

Something that does not smell sweet:

these guys after football practice!

Number 4 of The Six, and the largest of all the band members,

stinks to high heaven on the ride home.

He's not allowed to eat until he showers!

Sam likes to do some light activity in the evenings

so he doesn't cramp up.

We set up the makeshift pickle ball court in the driveway,


and taught Natalie how to play!


Sam is an intense athlete who likes to win any game
and is smug when he does.
Ellen renamed the game Dickleball when Sam is her opponent.


Number 3 of The Six has been finishing up her projects from the summer
and has taken over the kitchen table because it has 
better natural light than her workspace in the basement.
So much for making her a workspace in the basement...


Her college textbooks have been rolling in.
Maybe I'll read this one and see if I can figure out
what Louie's hang up is.


If you have TikTok,
click on the link below to see my favorite
of all of Ellen's videos.
Yep,
she's a poor college student,
but she's really good at being poor.
Click below to see what I mean.

Ellen's chair TikTok

My girl loves a roadside rescue.

After being fed up with trying to find space to store this

giant beach umbrella, 

my frustrated hubby marched it to the curb.

Miss Ellen marched it right back,

insisting we make another trip to the ocean 

in the near future.

Number 6 of The Six was very glad she did.

Number 5 of The Six got to ride in the front seat

on last weekend's trail ride.

Number 6 of The Six was not happy because she got stung by a wasp.

After some cuddling from Number 1, she was fine.


I got to spend some time snapping photos 
of some of my favorite wee ones.



The big one is ready for summer to end
and the grass to stop growing.


Back to school time means Number 4 
is shirt shopping.

It's funny how different 2,3, and 4's styles are!

Number 2 only sports Mickey Mouse shirts.
Number 3 dresses only in earth tones.
And Number 4's style can only be described
as basic Sport 
with a splash of Flash.


The night sky was styling this week.
This was the Sturgeon Moon from last night,


the last Super Moon of the year.


The moon was not quite full on Wednesday,
but the shots from the night earlier in the week
were my favorite.







I'll end the blog on a sweet high note.
Number 2 of The Six and honorary Sunday band member Number 7
like to walk the parks to begin their day.


We stopped to check out the butterfly garden
at Greenfield Park
and I captured these sweet photos
between two cousins who have never had a 
worded conversation,
but converse with each other just fine.


Eloise and The Six
















No comments: