Friday, October 21, 2022

Lesson 761: Fall

 Good evening,

from the Lamp Post.


We certainly had a chill in the air this week.
Brrr!


The wind and rain


 knocked some of the leaves 
off of the trees


but were hanging onto fall's glory


for as long as we can.


I saw this bird in the field where the horses were.
Anyone know what it is?


Fall is a great season to take a long woods walk.


I caught this man walking many laps last weekend.
If you recognize is yellow rain gear,
send him this pic!


This was my favorite display 
set up in the Harborcreek Community Park.




The changing of the leaves 
in front of Paul J Weitz Stadium
signals we only have two regular season 
football games left.


Slam has been playing Center,
squatting into the position  midseason
to replace his injured good buddy Truck .

Truck got a dent in his fender,
but with some rest,
and lots and lots of milk drinking for repair,
his knee is on the mend
and ready for Slam and Dunk
to hit the basketball court.



As sophomores,
they are bound and determined
"to get huge" for next season.


I think my grocery budget is about to get squashed.


My gals are going to try a craft fair with Happy People shirts.
November 5th but I'm so tired I can't remember where.


Lesson  of the weekend---
See if you can figure out the multiplication problem this represents.
I went to a math workshop on Monday and learned this.
Answer appears a the bottom of this blog.  



Tomorrow 
and 
Tomorrow
and 
Tomorrow
I will finish this book
I've been reading for two weeks!
Comments on it next week.


Bonus homework:
Find this podcast and make it a favorite.
It's so interesting and entertaining.


Josh and Chuck have a great dynamic
and research and discuss a wide variety of topics.
I listen to them when I'm driving to and from school.


Here's a link to more episodes.


This one was very important to listen to.
They put my likewise thinking into the perfect,
understandable wording.

Here's the synopsis from their website:


October 20, 2022  57 min

Fundamentalism is usually thought of as a problem religions have to deal with, but not all fundamentalists are religious. And no matter what their belief system, fundamentalism is inherently antisocial and a problem for everyone.


What's the problem with my feral cat, Sneaky Pete?
He's a bit antisocial,
but doesn't have extreme reactions.
He's knows colder days are coming
and is waiting for me to fill his home with new straw.


Don't call me a fundamentalist 
because I tell you there is only one way 
to put an end to this very long night.
I just sat through a football game
facing fierce, cold wind.
And we lost.

Eloise is headed to bed.



Goodnight!
Eloise

Answer to the math problem:
this shows 12 x 13 = 156!

No comments: