Friday, January 20, 2023

Lesson 775: Stay Pawsative

 Hello, Readers.

Welcome to the Lamp Post

 on a cold, January night.

The winter snow totals haven't been too extreme

for the Erieites.

Buffalo has stolen our thunder this year.

I picked Sam up from after school basketball practice 

in the daylight yesterday,

and that was nice.

Spring will come as planned.

In the meantime,


I'm trying to tell that to Hazel.
She hurt her paw several days ago
and she needed a Pet Vet visit.


                                                            Unexpected vet visits are the downside 

to owning any pet.

Securing a vet appointment

for a working person is not easy.

I wound up using the Urgent Care vet services

at Glenwood Pet Hospital on Thursday night.

They have hours most days from 7:00-11:00pm.

They were very nice 

and we were in and out in a little over an hour.

It was $50 more than a standard appointment,

but with no appointments at our regular vet until next week,

we had to do it.

Poor girl ripped off her toenail,

most likely on the heated pursuit of a squirrel.


Penny went along for moral support 
and she was exhausted, too.



We hope Hazel heals up soon
so she can go on her walks again!


Earlier this week, 

we went for a walk in the gorge.

It was a GORGEous day!



Winter is pretty if you allow it to be.



Basketball is in the thick of it.
Midsize Harbor Creek 
has had to face four giants in a row:
Meadville,
Erie,
McDowell,
and Prep.
These kids are fighters
and play hard the whole game through.


In other sports news,
hubby is heading into the Times News Open
in third place.
He's hoping to stay in the Top 16
to move onto next week.
Bowling is in Lake City on Saturday.



I had a few questions about the Little Free Library
I posted about.
You can find it right in front of the Harbor Creek Township Building,
lower level towards the road.
I wonder what the little key is for?


A friend shared 
that there are Little Free Libraries at Headwaters Park.
I'm going to look for them this weekend.!

I got so many good books on my list
I started them all.
I'm reading five at once and even that
is a lot for me!

After I get through those,
I'm going to go on a 
Blind Date with a Book!


Ellen Louise surprised me with one.
I cannot wait to see what's inside the wrapped cover.
Here is my only clue!




Have a great weekend!
Eloise



No comments: