Friday, November 10, 2023

Lesson 819: Science of the Silence

Happy Friday, Readers!

All is quiet here at the Lamp Post tonight.

 

It is a very rare thing 

when any kind of quiet finds me.

I have a loud life.

I think that's why the silence of growing things

has me fascinated.





Eloise has fallen in love with plants!


Learning about them through my Master Gardener class
is absolutely fascinating.  


I'm looking at the fall to winter period
with fresh eyes this year.


A time to sow the seed
and a time to reap the crop.



With the time change,
the tree blackens in the shadows
as I end the school day.


In the darkness we see 
the strength of her bones.


The snow preparations have started.
The snow tires aren't on yet,
but the snow stick has been planted.


We took a trip to the woods this past weekend


for the Cook Forest Gingerbread Festival.


We ate at the Forest Nook Restaurant


and looked around at the Nook Nacs.


Marienville is extra pretty this time of year.


The dogs think so, too.


Although they don't enjoy their tethers.


I managed to find the childhood home of a friend
by word of mouth directions:
"go past the farm stand, 
around the curve,
and up the hill."
Eloise loves to find things!


I also love to make homecooked food for the holidays.
My holiday cooking magazines are arriving in the mail!


I also am getting some ideas for new side dishes
from my Master Gardner classes.
Who is going to volunteer to take the first bite?


Enjoy your weekend, Readers.
I'm going to enjoy the rest of my quiet night.

Eloise









No comments: