Friday, November 3, 2023

Lesson 818: Falling

 Hello, Readers.

What is it like to be a bird

perched atop the highest tree?


Is she ever afraid of falling?


She wouldn't care if she fell into this, I guess.


I fell for fall this past week.


It offered us a bit of everything.


Goodbye to summer's last blooms.


Faces turned and arms outstretched to the fading light.



The tears came.


And then came our first, soft blanket of snow.


Here is my favorite tree 
different dates this week.
Her leaves are really falling!





The tree reminds me so much of this one
by artist James Coleman.



The snow is so important for our water well!
We had some work done to it this week.


These guys are great!


Well, actually,
Great-Great!!
They are identical twin brothers.

Do you all remember the story of Baby Jessica
who fell down the well?
Every time I look down a well shaft,
I think of her.

Trivia question:
What year did Baby Jessica fall into a well?
See the end of this blog for the answer.


We said goodbye to the football season last Friday.
Greenville fell to the Huskies.



I'll miss seeing the crowd of kids the sport draws.
They are loyal fans who show up rain or shine.


#51 will be suited up again next season.
He's looking forward for a full return to basketball
on December 1st.
His spleen needs a few more weeks to recover.


I fell in love with plants this past year,
so I applied for acceptance into the
Penn State Extension's Master Gardner program.

We had our first in-person practicum class 
this past Saturday.
Here are some snapshots 
of things Eloise learned about.


Scarification of seeds.


Rooting techniques




Seeds!
One of my new, favorite topics!
I would love to find these books.
I think the one pictured below is out of print.




With temperatures falling,
it's time for me to squirrel away some winter reads.


I have to thank Wanda, Wendy, and Jessica
for the excellent book suggestion.

I gave this gal 5 stars,
which is a rare blessing,
given to only the best of the best books.


Watch for two upcoming dates:
1.  Anything But A Book Club, Book Club
Fall meeting to be announced this week.

2.  Happy People Shirt Sale,
announced this week, also.

Have a great weekend!

Answer to tonight's trivia question:
Year:  1987!










No comments: