Friday, January 5, 2024

Lesson 828: Calling

 Hello, Readers.

Welcome to the first official post of 2024.

The Lamp Post Year-in-Review was published last week

in Lesson 827 in case you missed it.


We are still waiting for the typical Lake Erie snow dump.
The weather people are calling for above average temperatures
and less precipitation.
No significant weather is predicted for next week either.

We had a little bit of snow last weekend.
which made for a pretty dog walk through Penn State Behrend.



At least the dry roads made for good travel
 to an away game tonight.
We lost 2 in a row, 
so you are not getting any frustrating photos.
Instead,
you'll get a picture of a cute gal taking the photos.


I called out to my facebook friends for help.
What should I put in my new canister set,
that has made a home in the dining area of my kitchen?


They are right above my cookbooks.


I've taken your suggestions for two of the three.
The little one gets spare change!


For the middle one,
I'm taking the suggestion of my former student, Sam.
We always vibed as a teacher and student.
She called for some creativity
and suggested this:

Sam Rose
You could put a whole bunch of recipe names in the small one and if you ever are stuck on dinner plans you could pull a recipe, or something similar

I think I could have a little fun with this!
I'll give you a progress report next week.

The third jar is the largest one.
 I'm still thinking about.
I like to have things to think about.
Eloise like to ponder.

One thing I like to ponder about is the success of our students.
They are on my mind all of the time,
which reinforces the fact that I have met my calling.
I love to teach,
and the best part is celebrating successes.

Today we celebrated the Advanced Technologies Group's success.
Today, on Today, actually.


Here is the story that is so well told 
by a reporter who also met his calling.
The quilt NBC news reporter Harry Smith 
sewed together from the observations of
and interviews with  my students,
is the softest
and coziest of
warm blankets.


If you missed the story,
you can watch it here:


73
KC3SFY
aka Eloise

At the end of a contact with a friend, most hams will call out a hearty “73.” It's so popular that you may see ham radio operators sign “73” at the bottom of an email or even social media post. The formal definition of 73 is “Best Regards” – it's a nice way to say goodbye that is unique to amateur radio.









No comments: