Friday, January 19, 2024

Lesson 830: Scarves, Blankets, and a Tablecloth

Hello, Readers!

Brrr!

It feels like January at the Lamp Post! 

It's time to bust out the scarves!
The hats and gloves are out in bins eight months of the year.
But the scarves
only take up precious space in my hall closet
when it's really, really cold.


All week we've had Weather Alert days.


The rough, windy weather 
blew across the lake last weekend.


freezing everything in its path.


We had to go check on the little, blue cottage.


Well,
I sent the hubby to check while I waited in the warm van.


She's frozen but still standing!

This is the weather I actually look forward to each year.
It makes you want to curl up with a blanket 
and a good spy novel.


One that even has snowy footprints on the cover!


Look at the surprise I received in the mail today!
It was the best of surprises, too!


An anonymous book-giver!
THANK YOU!


What's Penny looking at, you ask?


Visitors who come both day and night.



The dogs look at deer out the window,
and I look out my classroom window onto a playground,
blanketed with snow.


I love watching children in wintertime play.




This week my family lost a member--
my dear Aunt Jeanne.
She meant a lot to me.
So much so,
 I gave my daughters each a piece of her name in their own.


Aunt Jeanne was genuine and kind.
A family member who wrote her obituary described 
her joys so well:


Nothing brought Jeanne more joy than being with her family, hosting gatherings filled with laughter and games, and travelling to support the various interests of her children and grandchildren. 

Oh, how wonderful those memories are!

She had this wonderful tablecloth 
that she would cover her kitchen table with 
during holiday gatherings.
There were always Sharpie markers
scattered between the holiday dishes of 
5 Cup Salad,
Chip-Chopped Ham,
and Stefanelli's chocolate.

This isn't the tablecloth,
but it looked something like this.


My sister and I agreed that we'd get a tablecloth of our own 
to use for holiday gatherings,
which we plan to fill with
laughter and games,
just as Aunt Jeanne did.

She will be missed,
but never, ever forgotten.
Natalie Jeanne,
Ellen Louise,
and the tablecloth
will make sure of that.



Eloise





No comments: