Friday, December 2, 2016

Lesson 452: Namaslay

Hello, Cyber Friends!

It's December in Erie,
and everything looks like this,
with no color adjustment.
This is our grayscape for the next many months.


We do our darndest to fight the winter blahs.
I like to get outside with my workout group a few times a week.
Come join us!
Don't worry about what you are wearing
because we can't see you well, anyway.


The kids at school are getting festive.
We had a door decorating contest.
My neighbor made this cool igloo for the Huskie pups.


My students have been making me smile
as they bring in their Rock Baby houses.
These are from brothers 
whom I like to call
Tweedle T


and Tweedle D.


Hmmmm...
Otto's space ship has a great view of the Super Moon
from the Mission Control panel.


Bonus points to Tweedle D.


I'm having so much fun lugging around this dumb,
two-headed, ugly sweater.

I knew it would be a hit with my workout group.




The counseling department thought it was cool.



I even stuffed the janitor in it.


My friends from Seattle bought one and sent me this!


It's so stupidly fun.
Stop me if you see me around during the next few weeks.
I'll probably have it with me.
Best holiday mood-lifter ever!

It's easy to get blown over by the holiday.


Erie experienced some really high winds this week
as winter is blowing itself into town.


And when the holidays blow in,
so comes the stress if you let it.

I found my new favorite stress reliever!
Yoga by Candace.


Candace is a 32 year old yoga teacher.
She has a large following on social media--
everything from 
blog
to twitter
to facebook
to youtube
to instagram.

If you go to her website you'll find all kinds of really good stuff for free.




She wrote a book, too.
Because I use her website and youtube videos so often,
I bought the kindle version for $9.99.




Candace takes on yoga with a modern spin.
Namaslay is a twist on the term
Image result for namaslay by candace quotes




I read Namaslay cover to cover in just a couple of days.
Well, 
actually,
where the cover would be 
to where the cover would be,
because I never touched paper.
I know print is dead in this cyber world,
but I still miss by hardcover books.

The most convenient piece to her yoga is her phone ap.


There are free links to a multitude of youtube videos.


She makes her money by offering exclusive content for $2 a month.
She also blogs about her favorites and is paid by her sponsors.

Candace had a setback in life with an unexpected,
life-threatening illness.
She recovered through a combination of medicine
and strict diet and exercise.
Her story is very inspiring 
and snippets of it are interspersed throughout her book.

Image result for namaslay by candace quotes

I really dig yoga--
the little I know about it.
I have lots to learn.

Image result for namaslay by candace quotes

Don't think it's weird,
but if you do,
that's ok, too.

Image result for namaslay by candace quotes

I'm learning that's how yoga followers handle things.

Enjoy the Christmas preparations, Readers.
Don't let the holidays get the best of you.
Give them the best of you 
and remember,

Image result for namaslay by candace quotes

Enjoy your weekend!

XOXO
Eloise












No comments: