Friday, December 9, 2016

Lesson 453: It Was Fun While It Lasted

Winter greetings from the Lamp Post.
This is the top of my new Lamp Post mailbox.


It was fun while it lasted.


Heavy snow came to our area yesterday.
This happened on the first pass of the snowplow.


Your Christmas cards got a little wet.


I think we rescued them all.


We did a little reading in the friendly little publication Your Harborcreek.






Remember Caddyshack?

Caddyshack, starring Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, and Rodney Dangerfield (1980). Def in my top 10 funniest!:

We called in our own big guns to fortify it.



In the late 80's, mailbox baseball was the rage.
Ours got whacked numerous times---
until Dad welded a bat-proof box
that he was able to back over with his pickup truck
and it wouldn't dent.
I remember Dad cackling gleefully,
hoping that the mailbox bandits would be wielding a metal bat.
Never had a problem after that.

Our 19th hole looked like this last week.


It was fun while it lasted.


Eloise is feeling a bit under this cold, snowy weather tonight.
I am turning in early 
hoping to garner up enough strength for Christmas prep this weekend.

To make myself feel better,
I'll watch official movie trailer to The Shack, 
with looky who!

You can find the official trailer on Tim McGraw's twitter and facebook.
It can't be shared on this blog to a copyright.
Check it out.
It looks awesome.


The Shack opens on March 3rd-my birthday!
My birthday is on a Friday this year.
Skip the cake
and come plant your butt in a theater seat next to mine,
because you'll know where I'll be.
I'll buy the popcorn.

Oh my!


Goodnight everyone!
Time for my bedtime story,
straight from the Pacific Northwest.


Coolest Christmas gift ever!
Thanks, Angie and Kurt.


Just when I got a break from the
Is There Really A Bigfoot? argument 
because summer in the big woods has passed--
the discussion resumes over caramel filled,
chocolate footprints.


Does Eloise believe or not believe?
That is your thinking homework for the weekend,
answered on next week's blog.

ELOISE





No comments: