Friday, November 30, 2018

Lesson 565: And So It Begins

And so begins the time of year 
you can see the light of the Lamp Post 
for a good long while.


We've entered the darker part of the fall
and the unseasonably early snow,
although bright and fluffy,


has left Erieites bracing for a long cold ride.
The thought of no warm weather until the springtime
is enough to make even the strongest deer's head fall off.

Image may contain: snow and outdoor

Eloise has been making the best of the white stuff.



It sure makes for some pretty photos
with lots of fall leaves still colored on the ground.


My workout group already pulled out the sleds.

Image may contain: outdoor and text

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

And the Clark School kids have already built snowmen.


Basketball season has started



The boys took third place in their debut tournament.


I treated the family to some Christmas brownies--


mostly because of the gift tags that came on the back.


Are these really a selling point?
Maybe I'll just use them with special people.
If you get a Little Debbie gift tag this year,
you are special.

Hazel the Horrible has dashed any plans for crocheted 
Christmas gifts.

Image may contain: dog

She got scolded then curled up under the tree to make me feel guilty.


I spent today in Pittsburgh to learn new ways to cultivate the gifted mind.



The best brain exercise you can do is reading.
Here are my season favorites--
two I read every year,
and Reader's Digest always puts out a nice publication
in December if you want something light.


All this leaves Eloise tired,
but I combat it the best with a few outdoor workouts a week.
I usually yawn through the first part
and regain some energy by the end.


It helps get me through the long, cold, winter evenings.








My group is having their charity run
for the Emmaus Soup Kitchen,
so Natalie and I are turning in early.
Look for another post tomorrow about this 
wonderful organization.

Have a great weekend.

Eloise

No comments: