Friday, October 9, 2020

Lesson 666: Cuckoo

Hello, Readers.
We are starting out what looks to be a beautiful weather weekend
here in the Great Lakes Region.
However, it begins with blog post 666
rounding out the end of a week which can only be
 summarized as cuckoo.


When I googled the term cuckoo to check the spelling,
I learned that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
was inspired by a Children's folk rhyme.

The 1962 novel


 which was adapted to a play in 1963 
starring Kirk Douglas,
and a film adaptation 
starring Jack Nicholson in 1975.
is a book Eloise has never read.
 I know the plot from pop culture references 
over the years, however.

I may add it to my reading list,
but have to get to these first
which are waiting on my bedside table:


and  

Got you guessing, huh?
If I pass you the book to read,
well, I guess you'll know.

I've had zero time to read this week.

I haven't had time for much besides football


(he didn't spike the ball, Ref!)



and a huge kitchen project.
No, this isn't my pantry.
My pantry would look like the baby offspring of this one,
but it's the same idea.


If you haven't found The Home Edit on Neflix yet,
check it out!
Since falling in love with Clea and Joanna's energy into all things home,
I bought both books and gutted the kitchen.




It's a neat twist on home organization 
that makes the final projects look really pretty!
They use lots of clear containers with pretty labels.
They also order most things by color
and arrange stored items by color of the rainbow.
You would not believe how pretty it looks
and how easy it makes to find things!

While I organized, 
I often had the tv on in the background
during the evening hours.
With such strange happenings
it felt like the world was going cuckoo.

The President and First Lady get COVID 
and are home a few days later.


A busted up plot to kidnap the Michigan Governor.
A fly.
Oh, my!

The world is about as cuckoo as the bird.
Weekend homework bonus points--
look up the cuckoo bird.
It has behavior as bizarre as our citizens.


I always kind of wanted a cuckoo clock---
a broken one though,
because I think they could get very annoying.


Maybe I can find one that announces this on the hour:



This title of the six hundred sixty-sixth Lamp post blog post
was truly inspired by one of Mr. Eloise's second grade students.

He tries to lighten the serious mood in school
as often as he can.

He was telling his students some jokes
which apparently weren't going over very well.

One little girl whisper-shouted across 
the six foot span to the next desk,
(because the only way you can whisper with a mask on
is to shout),

Somebody better call the Cuckoo Doctor for this guy!
And then proceeded to make the crazy gesture,
twirling her pointer finger around her temple.


I really got to read that novel.....
right after I'm done with porcupine, that is.

If Porcupine shows up on your doorstep,
you may want to investigate inward.

Eloise








 

No comments: