Saturday, May 1, 2021

Lesson 696: Mountains

Halloooo  thar, Readers.
Eloise did some mountaineering last weekend.


Oh, I went deep into the wilds of West Virginny
with my shotgun and my cap.


Or with my phone charger and McDonald's coupons.
Yes.
More like that.


Sam had a  baseball tournament.


They made it all the way to the championship game!
The Hillbillies will remember that team from NW PA !


The mountains were pretty on the ride.
Natalie was my co pilot.
She sings the entire way.


Those are some tired eyes on Eloise.
After a long week of teaching,
and a long Friday night travel,
we got the 8:00 am game for Saturday.

100% chance of rain was forecasted for WVA
but we ended up getting it at home.




Look what I found on the millings road 
down at the park tonight.

See it?

How about now?


Nature's perfection!



I got this cool new mask from my weekend gig
because I'm their favorite employee.


I've been working my way through my 
mountain of reading material.
I'm opting for paper books again
because my bleary, screen strained eyes have 
had enough of the glow
from school and my grad classes.


I'm reading these right now,
plus the one I just finished--
The Inheritance Games.  
I already gave that one to a student.

Eloise never, ever
reads one book at a time.


American Dirt is just as Steven King says it is.
I want to hurry and finish this blog so I can read more of it.


It's got a cool cover, too!


You can't judge a book by it's cover,
but you sure can figure out 
where it lived for awhile.


Look at the difference between my mom's books
and mine.
Here are two she loaned out this week:


Name written neatly in the upper right corner.


Character list.



Here's my next one ready to circulate.




Dogs got to it.
Fell asleep reading it 
with a cup of coffee on my lap.

No neat post it note lists,
but I have a way of marking what I think
is well worded.

Nothing describes anxiety better
than within the context of a story.


I underline in red 
what I deem to be lovely.


She's all buffed up and ready to loan.
Any takers?


Eloise is looking forward to the summer.
22 more school days.

I'll get to spend more time with these two.


Maybe I can convince them that they are dogs,
but that's a tough mountain to climb.
Penny wants to eat her food on her plate at the counter.


She also discovered that the dishwasher door
is a warm place to nap 
after it's been run.

I'm most looking forward to Ellen Louise
completing her sophomore year.
2 and a half semesters learning online from home.


Her original goal was to open her Mountain Laurel Apparel shop
during Earth Month and Autism month.
She's created some beautiful designs
she can't wait to share once more t-shirts become steadily available.
Darn COVID and the supply chain.

Natalie's designs will be for sale there year round, too.

Someone forgot to tell Panera the puzzle piece is on its way out.
I wonder if they can make a rainbow infinity cookie?


Have a lovely weekend readers.
Pick a mountain to climb.
It might take a long while,
but you will feel so accomplished 
when you reach the top.

Eloise



 

No comments: