Friday, May 14, 2021

Lesson 698: Breath of Fresh Air


Happy weekend, Readers.
Looks like we are all about to breathe a bit of fresh air.
This is what my unmasked face looks like
in case you've forgotten.


I won't miss the masks
but you all must promise me to keep washing your hands!
Eloise LOVES hand soap!


I'll be hitting my 700th blog post on Memorial Day weekend.
Memorable for sure.
I'll have to think of something good to write about.


I love these Forget Me Nots!
I've been getting questions from my Team Adrenaline friends 
as to my return to 
my favorite outdoor workout group.
The answer is most likely not,
but I promise my old friends I won't forget the fun we had!
I found out that Team Adrenaline is free throughout the month of May.
There's still two weeks left if you want to check it out.
It's so fun!


Adaptation is the key to survival
and as life circumstances change, 
people move onto other things.
Graduation is part of human evolution.


For now, I enjoy the pool classes at the YMCA--
they are a great workout and easy on my joints
as well as my demanding evening schedule.


I'm checking off PA hiking trails one by one


and I'm getting wicked good with jump rope footwork.




Jack learned this lesson as he graduated from Duquesne last weekend.
I told him I was there...


but I couldn't fool the graduate.
We were really in my parents' kitchen
having a drink in his honor!


I will be soooo glad when extended family
can enjoy milestones again.

We're moving around a little more now
that the last of us has some protection against COVID.
We celebrated his needle bravery with a drink 
from the State Street Starbucks.


It did knock him down with a fever just two hours afterwards--
the fastest immune response out of any of us.


After he woke up,
the fever broke,
and as promised,
we planned our summer vacation spot.


They insisted on being part of the planning process.



Last weekend we ventured into Wooster, Ohio,


known for good baseball and state champion speech and debate teams.


Sambassador was at work. trying to distract his competitors.


This young lady has been my co-pilot.
We jam to music and she sings every word off key.


I even taught her to use my camera
and take pictures of pretty things while I'm driving


Speaking of pretty things,
Sam learned to sew Family and Consumer Science.


I don't know if he'll be MAKING clothes for Ellen's new adventure,
Mountain Laurel Apparel.
Maybe we'll put him in charge of packaging and door delivery.


We set up his spike ball tonight.
The makers must know that men generally set this up.


Sam and his buddies played for a whole 15 minutes
before SOMEONE ate the spikeball 
and got yelled at and had to go inside.


Not to be outdone by her fur sister,
Penny ate this.


Sigh.

Second sigh for Ellen,
founder of Mountain Laurel Apparel,
trying to find a t-shirt supplier.



She wants the soft kind in the pretty colors.
I told her not to settle--
she'll find what will keep us stylish and comfortable very soon.

This is the brand she's searching for.





Have a great weekend!

Eloise

No comments: