Friday, May 7, 2021

Lesson 697: Problem Solver

Happy Friday, Readers.

My nephew Jack graduated from Duquesne today.

It took me 4 years to get the spelling right.

Pandemic or not,

I told him I wouldn't miss it for the world.

See?



I hope the male photographer Cousin Bonnie
pasted my head to
sees this........

Jack joins the world tonight with a piece of paper in hand
to prove he was a learner.
Now for the most important part:
transition the learners
into Problem Solvers.


Nature showed its brilliance this week.
Sometimes the setting sun around 7:30
makes a brilliant display on the trees 
to the east of the Lamp Post.
Especially on a partly sunny evening.


Eloise had to be a Problem Solver tonight.
My camera card malfunctioned---
every amateur's nightmare.

The photos are there,
but I can't get them off of the card.
I could have pouted tonight
or problem solved
so I chose the latter.

Look at this beauty over the vineyard.


This one is a winner, too!



Look how neat the layers appear
when they are in black and white.


The skies have been truly something this week.


Readers, 
do you think the sky is any less brilliant
know that you know the shot was taken
over the Walmart parking lot?



Technology was an unexpected problem tonight.
Never let a hiccup 
turn into a hurdle.

Teacher Appreciation Week was this week!
It was quite a year, for sure.

Every year I work on becoming a better teacher.
I'm always taking classes,
and pestering the younger teachers to show me 
new techniques.

One of the best ways to become a better teacher,
is to become a student.

EVERYONE should be a student.
You don't need to pay for high priced classes, either.

Here is your homework for the weekend,
and for the next 30 days if you are advanced
or 30 weeks if you want to take the slower route.


Enroll in the Earth School!


30 Quests designed to teach you about the earth.
Eloise likes Quests!

It's simple.
And free.
Plus, you know I'm going to ask you if you signed up.
Will you be able to look me in the eye and
fess up that you haven't?

Go to:
ed.ted.com


And be prepared to Stay Curious!



Click on Discover.



Choose Earth School.


Eloise recommends signing up as a teacher.
We all are teachers in some respect,
aren't we?

Watch the introductory video,
then scroll down below it to find
30 videos,
all between 5-8 minutes in length.

Here's some tips 
if you are a box checker
and like a certificate of completion at the end.


They are narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
You'll know his voice as soon as you click!


This was the first one I watched.
Yes, I started with the 12th because I thought it was the most interesting.
I'll get them all in,
in my roundabout way.



I'm looking forward to this one
to see if the Great Lakes are mentioned.



This was excellent.
Skipping ahead is not cheating!
It's being eager!


Because in education,
we Think With The End in Mind,
I'm posting the link to the final video in the series
at the end of this blog.

It's important to show the students the end product
before you show them all the steps to get there.


Ellen Louise,
CEO of Mountain Laurel Apparel
needs to watch this one.


Tees are still hard to come by,
so the girls are adding Happy Hour cups
to their collection!


The first one is already in circulation.
Natalie's boss at Penn State got one today.
Thank you, Lacey
and all of the Dobbins Staff 
who make Natalie's work life so pleasant!.



News will be shared soon
for the Etsy Shop's Grand Opening.

In between graduations and celebrations and t-shirt creations,
I'll be reading this!

When you ask me what my favorite kind of book to read is--
it's this!


Steven King thinks so, too!



Best of luck, Jack
and all the 2021 graduates.
I hope you find the words of John Grisham to be true--
Hope is powerful 
and there are more good people than bad.



Let me know what video you picked to watch first.
I already have a hunch which of you 
will start at #1 and work their way to #30,
and who will skip around.
Prove me right or wrong,
but either way,
you'll become an Earth Problem Solver.



Eloise



No comments: