Friday, June 25, 2021

Lesson 704: Flying High

 

Hello there, Readers!
It's a warm weekend in June 
and the Lamp Posters are flying high.


It's strawberry season 
and this girl helped expedite the process of freezer jam.
She LOVES to chop!


This bird was not high in the sky--
poor guy was stuck in my garage all day.


Yes, it's a male bird for sure--
he wouldn't ask for directions to find his way out.


Brooms,
fishing nets,
and the air horn didn't send him on his way.
He eventually left all on his own.
I enjoyed watching him but my single gripe
was that he pooped on my puzzle table.
I moved it to the garage so everyone can help!

I love this puzzle!

After you finish it, 

there is a surprise envelope to open when you are done.

Sounds like there are more pieces in there...


The scene is a story in itself.
The puzzle maker gives you a list of easter eggs 
to look for while you are putting it together.

What are they working on?


How is their garden coming along?


What do they read while on the beach?

Eloise reads this!

It was cute!


I bought them both.
They would make great movies!


No beach for us this week--
it was too windy.
Instead we flew kites!


Grandma,

the kite-gifter,

came over to watch.

It's really relaxing,

almost like fishing.

Erik and I relaxed Sunday at Sam's game.

Any locals recognize the field?


Did you check out this tiny field?


It's Harborcreek Community Park's newest addition.

Wiffle ball!


Baseball certainly has its ups and downs.

You can be flying high one minute,

and one bad ball hop can take you to the ground.

All-Star season will be starting soon.

Sam's favorite games to play are the little league games against his friends

As we continue our adventures in the trails and parks,

I thought it was high time we needed a paper map.



There are so many pretty places to see around here.



It just takes a little planning
mixed with some desire for the great outdoors.




We add to our Strange Things We Found While Walking folder.




This was the best ever,
found tangled in a downed tree branch
in my parents yard,
on Monday.


What a rare find!
It's actually my second find of the sort.
I once found a message balloon on my parents' cottage beach
when I was in college.  It was from Canada.
This one was sent up from Dayton, OH on Father's Day.


A special message in memory of a special man.
Louie answered the letter,
knowing how hard it is to lose a Dad.


I even spotted a rainbow high in the sky,
on  the same morning walk when finding that balloon!
According to my map skills,
that rainbow's end was right in the living room of the Lamp Post.


No gold yet!
It's in there somewhere--
under a big heap of summer:
shoes, maps, bags, hats, etc.

Eloise





No comments: