Friday, January 28, 2022

Lesson 733: Unforgiving

Hello, Readers.
It's been an unforgiving weather week.


We're down to the single digits
while piling on the snow.


Winter mornings sure are pretty.


Nights aren't bad either.
I love this shot of the side yard.
The red house is my parents' house
and the top two windows were my old bedroom.
My old bedroom windows look across at my newer ones.


The weather was so unforgiving that the trucks
had trouble getting up Depot Road,
blocking the entrances to my school.


We braved the slippery roads 
and headed out to Corry tonight,


for a battle of the orange and black.


Basketball games are exciting.
Teen watching is just as funny.
Here is Harbor Creek in the visitor section
of Fairview as they announced their starting 5.


This fan club from Corry welcomed us on Western night.
10 degrees and cut offs.
Brave kids.




That was the message on the inside of my Aerie bag.
We've been killing it on the online whites sales.


Here's what's on my bedside book stack:

Sam is reading this for English.
I had forgotten what a piece of quality literature this is.
Did you know S.E. Hinton stands for Susan Eloise Hinton?
She was in high school when she wrote the novel in the 1960/s.


I've heard great things about these two.



They are waiting in the wings until I finish this one.
It's a new release recommended to me by a student.
I love it when a student recommends a book!


I gave it to her in class,
with a pack of post it notes and a pen.
I told her to go through and flag it 
and leave me notes at the good parts.


The most exciting thing that really happened
during this unforgiving weather week 
was finding this carrot in my Bolthouse carrot bag.


I was reading up on some studies on human emotions this week.
There are 6 basic types.


With 4 out of the 6 being negative,
and one that could go either way,
it makes the search for happiness all the more important.

I listened to this podcast today,
and I got to thinking that this would be a really good 
lesson for the week.
Normally SYSK runs 30 minute podcast episodes.
Josh and Chuck devoted double the time to this one
because it's an important one to listen to.



I think this gnome is on a search for happiness,
while skating on this pond,
during an unforgiving winter.



Stay warm,
Eloise






No comments: