Friday, February 25, 2022

Lesson 747: Tears

 Good evening, Readers.

Eloise's mascara was running a few times this week.

This photo I snapped as I came in from the cold.

My eyes always have  been sensitive and water easily

in cold, 

wind,

or bright light.


Or heartache.
We've had some of that, too, this week.

We got one nice day on President's Day.
I made my kids get outside.
Sam took a nap in the 50 degree sun.
It came as quickly as it went.


We are back to temps in the teens,
but winter landscapes sure are pretty.




Cried a tear or two for the varsity boys basketball team.


They fell 3 points short of moving deeper into the playoffs.
Even with the JV guys rubbing the lucky water bottle.



Penny cried some doggie tears
because I wouldn't let her bring the stick she found
in the house.


Tears for Elsa.
Oh, how I love 1883,
and not just for the McGraws.
The storytelling is superb.


Some tears of joy this week, too.

This Klein School duo
figured out how to make a water piano.
The kid in the black mask knows almost all of the
countries of the world--
but I'm not allowed to ask him about the islands.
He needs more time.
He's ten.
Plenty of time to learn the islands.


Maybe they can find me a deserted one
for some precious moments of quiet.
That would be nice.

Sam and his friends are all turning 15--
a year for a loud, teenage restlessness.


This--the wallpaper on all of their phones.


And when Sam won't respond to a retrieval request 
nearing midnight--
you text the buddy most likely to be on his phone.


This is from my Habit app--
you receive an interesting photo
overlaid with quote every day.

I loved this one,
and can think many fitting of this clever wording.


The opposite of ignorance is knowledge
and my teacher friends and I learned a lot about 
launching weather balloons.



Our launch on our in-service day last Friday


was successful.

Part of the team went out for the retrieval on Monday.

The cameras worked

and we got some photos of the curvature of the earth,


reminding just how small the world can be.


If you have it in your hearts,
please pray for our world.


Eloise


No comments: