Friday, July 1, 2022

Lesson 755: Contemplations

 It's July, Readers.

I love it when the change of the month

happens on a Friday.

I had some time to contemplate the week

when I walked the Frontier Park labyrinth with my friend.


One thing I took time to think about
on my circular walk,
was daughter Ellen's summer job at 
Barber National's Camp Shamrock.


I knew she would be perfect for the job,
but worried a home life and work life so similar
could lead to burn out.
My worries were needless,
as they most often are.
She loves the job and returns home beaming.

My guys were soaking up the highly anticipated
new episodes of Stranger Things tonight.


Natalie and I listened to the screaming from the kitchen


and worked on a puzzle instead.
Walmart, by the way,
has the best assortment of puzzles,
all sorted nicely by piece counts.


I've been contemplating starting a second TikTok account
called Eloise Reads.
I thought of doing quick little previews,
encouraging others to give books a read.
Thoughts?

I'll give you another week to find this one--
well--truth--
my mom is not finished with it yet
so I cannot comment.


It's a rainy night here in Erie,
and I'm much enjoying typing from my porch.
The rain is much needed.


It's a nice way to welcome July.




I contemplated how quickly youth skin heals.
Sam got road rash on his face
while tangling with the loose gravel at the end
of my driveway while riding his scooter.

Here is was minutes after the accident.

The doctor told us the second day would be the worst,
and it was.


Here is Sam with his Carolina cousins
a few days after that.
It healed fast!


His 15 year old friends are beginning the 
wisdom tooth extraction circuit.
He delivered ice cream to his swollen buddy this week.



I got to see my school friend twice recently,
visiting local restaurants we've been wanting to try.
They say friends come into you life  
for a reason,
for a season,
or for a lifetime.
She's stuck with me for life.


The summer project of getting Sam to try 
different fruits and vegetables is going very slowly.
Can you spot the English cucumber 
and two blueberries
hidden on the side of his plate?


Baseball was played under some cloudy skies this week.



On the sunniest of evenings 
I brought my gang out to the lake.



we got to go check out the little blue cottage
and her repairs.
She's looking great!


There was even a tiny strip of shoreline
to hunt for beach glass.


I'm contemplating how I could have picked up 
poison ivy this early in the season.
One word.
Five letters.
Four of them vowels.

L-O-U-I-E.


Favorites of the week:
Watching my two little nephews 
play with Sam's trains.



These cute Bubly waters!


This coconut pineapple one is so summery and refreshing.


Perfect for your Fourth of July celebrations.

Have a great long weekend, Readers.

Elosie


















No comments: