Friday, July 15, 2022

Lesson 757: Common Selfheal

Hello, Readers.
Happy weekend.

Tonight's blog is inspired by this plant

found on my walk in the Harborcreek Community Park. 

It's the Common selfheal

and it is really interesting to read about.


If you are feeling glum,
call Eloise!
They are edible
and I'll make you a nice salad.
Trust me?

Until tonight,
I didn't know the name of the little purple plant
I've been stepping on for 51 years.
Discovering selfheal 
is just as important as discovering ways
you can self-heal each day
as we trudge through 
this unsettling world.

Here is Louie with Hazel

on our morning walk.

It was dewy and if you look closely

you can see it on the flower petals.

I walk with friends as often as I can.


This week we went deep into the woods
and found these beautiful flowers.

I'm a pain to walk with because I'm always stopping

to snap a photo of something.

July is sailing by.

We are already mid month.

Like this osprey who nested along

the Lake Erie shores,

we had our eye on the sky this week.

The Super Moon really was just that.


The sunsets along Lake Erie
are like none other.


This is one of my favorite sunset shots
worth sharing again.
I captured this 9 summers ago
off of my parents' cottage
in North East.


Being near water is so healing for me.
We got to hang out on the Scallywags 
compliments of our neighbors.






The view of Erie from the water is so nice.




Grandma had it all under control.
She was driving the boat!


Thankfully she return to Firman Road
just to bring us her latest pirate booty--


Grandma supports the Sea Turtle Conservancy.
She learned all about it from one of the gifts
that came in her Ellen Box subscription
that arrived a few weeks ago.


It's fitting that Grandma gifted our Ellen
a bracelet made popular by Ellen Degeneres.



Each bracelet comes with a card
that introduces you to the sea turtle 
you will track with your donation.


Ellen got Pancake--she's a tiny traveler.


I got Monty!
I'll show you his path from the app on my phone.


Caring for animals is such a large part of my life.
Penny celebrated her second birthday this week!


We served hot dogs and pup cakes
for the special day.



They each got a new donut bone,
but Penny only wants the bone that Hazel is eating.


She watches,



and waits,


and whines,


and dog whispers,


until Hazel eventually gives it up.  




Hazel is a sweet  big sis!


    Big Bro took some time for self-healing
his sore legs from his sports practices.

He and his friends went to the Minion Movie
in suit coats,


and Sam paired it with his minion pajama bottoms


Never mind the fact that it was 85 degrees and sunny
that afternoon.

Sigh.
My life makes me tired.
Time for some selfhealing sleep--
you can boil it into a tea, you know.

Eloise










No comments: