Friday, July 22, 2022

Lesson 758: Flutter-bye

Happy weekend, Readers.
As the summer nights flutter by,
thanks for spending Fridays at the Lamp Post.


This weekend's blog is dedicated to 
this beautiful creature.

The butterfly is one of my favorite sources of inspiration,

from photography


to quotes.


I will forever think of butterflies as flutter-byes


because of this girl,
who loves them as much as her momma does.


Ellen Louise has always been fascinated with them.
She called butterflies, flutter-byes
and caterpillars, calipitters.




Flutter-byes and callipittars remind me so much of my middle child.
Soft and beautiful,
quietly doing their job to help save the world.


I don't have many snapshots of Ellen Louise this week
as she's been saving the world by helping the 
Camp Shamrock campers have a fabulous summer.
In her spare time her Cricuit has been humming for several projects.
She also revamped and wallpapered her sister's room.
Natalie loves it!

The Allegheny Forest is at its peak this time of year!


We enjoy watch,ing people fish


float,


and spend quality time together.



We got some quality wood splitting in!
Many hands make light work was our motto last Saturday.
Six hands in under two hours
gave us firewood for a long time.
The other two hands belonged to Natalie--
who made herself project supervisor for the day.


I helped supervise a crew of boys at Darien Lake this week.
Theme parks take on a different spin for my ride-fearing clan.
Instead we rent a cabana,
float endless rounds of the lazy river,
and support our friends who are brave at heart.


Five stars to these three brave boys--
I've never witnessed a scarier feat than their 180 foot drop 
and soar session!


I'm glad we made it.
Even after countless reminders to myself.


I still forgot the tickets.


As the summer days flutter by
hubby and I begin to discuss the s-word,
which isn't really legally allowed to be spoken until August 1st.
(School)


Reminders of school are consistent with the ripening 
of the cherry tomatoes.
Good preparation involves a good yield,
as does being prepared for school.


What's Eloise reading at sunrise,
when the world wakes up and the birds begin to sing?

This true story is SO interesting!


I'm interested in this title:
Has anyone read it?


I don't know if a recipe exist for a perfect wife,
but there is one for a baseball team headed into regional play:





Best of luck, Post 571!
Maybe the flutter-bye that landed on Sam's helmet will
bring positivity to the weekend games.


Oh....
wait.....
That's just Sam's hair.
I forgot to take him to get a haircut, too.

I am wishing you all a lovely weekend.
Now, to go find me a flutter-bye to make that happen.

Eloise



No comments: