Friday, November 11, 2022

Lesson 764: Fading Daylight

Hello, Readers.

It's hard to believe we've come 'round to Friday once again. 


It's the time of year that the daylight fades,
no matter how hard we try to save it.

I spend more of my waking hours at the Lamp Post
in the dark.


When I leave work,
long shadows fall across the school lawn.


The sun  was setting in just the right way
to light up the tree in a glorious burnt orange.  



The drive down Firman Road
heads into the setting sun
the fading light
matching my fading energy.


But, no time for tired
if I have a winter walking challenge to complete.
Busted out the Stormy Kromer.
my reflective jacket,
and hubby's bigfoot cap.


We headed out into the spooky,
dark night.
Or,
like 6:30 pm.


The winter 100 is nice
because you can set your own rules.


So yes, 
Firman Road
and the Community Park paths 
count as a hike in the winter.



The forest floor is really getting pretty.



I love the smell of this point in  the fall.

Fading light
summons the fading life in the leaves.


Cloud fronts loom low in the distance.


In the foreground
are two of my three walking partners.
The little brown one was out of the frame on a hard sniff.


There is still plenty of pretty left in the fall season


so get out there and appreciate it.


The Powder Puff volleyball game
was not pretty for the sophomore class.


Team Green lost to a rowdy bunch of seniors.



They had lots of fun though.

And that's the most important.

Have a fun weekend!


  Eloise



No comments: