Friday, December 2, 2022

Lesson 767: Closing in on Christmas

 Hello, Readers.


The fall colors have blown off of the trees,

but the bareness of the winter months


can be just as extraordinary.  


The pups and I headed out to Presque Isle for a walk.
We hit the first parking lots of the bay side,
and first beaches of the lake side.
It was so pretty.


My favorite tree looks different,


just one day apart.


I caught a flock this week.


They were LOUD.


A real choir on a wire.
*phrase credited so Sam-he thought of that one several years ago.



The Clark Schoolers were all a-chirp on the snowy playground.


The snow was perfect for snowballs,


snow forts,


and snowboys!


After a snowy recess,
head out to the Boston Bean in North East for a cup 
of something warm.


The patrons warmed their hearts this past Sunday
with a purchase from Mountain Laurel Apparel's 
Happy People collection. 


The shop looked so cute set up against
the exposed brick wall of the coffee shop.

The sweatshop in my basement, 
however,
does not look so trendy.


Natalie's two employees are trying to unionize.


They are striking for better working conditions.


A visit from a cute little baby 
made Ellen forget about her weekend toil.
Babies at Christmastime are the best!


Peek-a-boo!


Do I spy a 3D printer?


My students and I hooked up one at Rolling Ridge this morning!
Our first tiny build
took us 21 minutes to print!


My life for the next few months will be divided 
into 8 minute quarters.

Basketball is fun to watch, 
but painful to try to photograph.
If I ever get a clear shot,
it was pure luck.


I'll leave you to your Christmas prep,
but not before I exit with this image.
That's me,
Hazel, and Penny
loving up the donkey I wish I had.

Eloise







No comments: