Saturday, December 17, 2022

Lesson 769: Checking it Twice

Merry Christmas, Readers.
Eloise is very busy making a list 


of all the Christmas fun 
we are about to experience in this city!


It sounds like we might be having a white Christmas this year.

I check the list twice--
just to make sure we had tickets for the Barber Ball 
for the clients last Sunday afternoon.


Natalie and Erik had a great time.
Natalie danced all afternoon.
Erik ate everyone's pudding at the table.


Flipping furniture was on Ellen's checklist.
She started with a cute little end table.
Grandpa loaned her his heated garage,
and his expert advice!



Aside from checking my never-ending
Christmas prep list,
I went out and checked for missing shingles!

Oh my!
What winds we have had in Erie!

There were lots of trees down,
and plenty of branches.

What amazed me the most are the strength
of the birds' nests!

See this one way at the top?


It's a beauty and it held fast to its branch.


Check out this work of art
way up high in the willow tree.


It held tight to the wispy fingers of the willow branches, too.


I fill my few moments of down time
with things that entertain me.
I found out that December 15th is Cat Herders Day.
Next year,
I'm serving up some cake.


Grandma bought me this book.
She knows reading is my most joyful escape.
This book is really cute,
and James Patterson, 
as we all know,
is a master writer.


Teacher Hack:
Teach your students to play chess.
It's a great learning experience,
challenges the mind,
and it is played QUIETLY!


So,
I've made my list,
and have been checking it twice
(or a thousand times).

Now,
to find out who is naughty or nice.

Somebody stripped Gingy of his little plaid overalls.


I thought Frosty was spared.


Frosty the Headless Snowman!


Eloise is off to some Friday night hoops.
I hope the Saturday morning sunrise is as pretty
as this one from earlier this week.


Make your prep fun,
not stressful.
Take it all in stride and enjoy the beauty of the season.

Eloise


No comments: