Friday, December 30, 2022

Lesson 771: Snow Today, Gone Tomorrow

 Hello, Readers!

We had ourselves a white Christmas.


Even for Erieites, well conditioned to the winter months,
Christmas was cold this year!


Travelers needed to be careful,
but everyone got to where the needed to be.
White Christmases are always favored.


Carefully chosen gifts,


wrapped with love and care


held the perfect surprises on Christmas morning.


Books and flowers,


and cabins in the woods
were nice reminders that life is good.


I love looking at this snowy little cabin,
 but that's all the snow I'm seeing.
With temps in the 60's today, 
we've had a 50+ degree weather change 
in just a few days.

Just one basketball game was cancelled due to weather.
That left us six games to watch this week,
three JV, three varsity,
one day in Girard--


look who the cat dragged in.


The other two days were at home 
at the Chad Vogt Memorial Tournament.

This is Chad's nephew sitting next to Sam
on the right side of the photo.
For those of you who knew Chad,
I'm sure you'll see the resemblance.


I've sat in a lot of gymnasiums over the years,
and I will say Harbor Creek's is the prettiest.


The warm tones balance the orange with the sage green 
color splashes.


However, the gym is super hard to get photographs
for the amateur shutterbug like me.
My action photos blur,
so I'm always on the hunt for something interesting.



It's a short blog tonight,
because this was just a side project for the last hour.
My big project,
the Annual Lamp Post Year in Review 2022
is in the works.
It takes days to go through the photos 
on my phone,
camera,
and computer.
I also read back every blog from the past year
and savor the memories.
It's truly one of my favorite activities of the year.

Check back tomorrow for the year-end review of 2022!

I cannot end this blog without
wishing my Dad a happy 78th birthday.

It was a snowy December 78 years ago.
Legend has it that my Grandmother got snowed in the hospital
with him for almost two weeks!


Eloise



No comments: