Friday, April 7, 2023

Lesson 786: Good

It's Good Friday, 

it's been a day quiet reflection.

No school.

 No major projects.

Just some time to think about life

and prepare for Easter.

It was good.

We love Easter rejoicing 

here at the Lamp Post.

Rejoicing is good.

We really love it.

A lot.

Stealth Heart Artwork

by Natalie.

(If you find a heart dawn in random places 

in your home or business, snap a pic and send it to us, please).

This collection was found on a notepad

stuck to the side of our cabin refrigerator.

With school on Spring Break,

we spent a night in the Big Woods of Marienville.

It was good.

We walked

and fished for a couple days.

It was just the three of us 

and The Mayor.

Ellen Louise is very busy finishing up her last few weeks

of undergraduate study in Speech and Hearing Sciences.

She's moving on to Edinboro's SLP Grad Program this fall.

She was too swamped for a camp trip this time.

Sam was there---

kind of.

Modern technology allowed us to watch our son play a Spring Training

game in Myrtle Beach, SC

while we were in The Middle of Nowhere, PA.

That's not just good.
That's AMAZING!



When I'm out in the big woods,
in the pine scented air,
I think of good ideas.


I've got a Good (capital G) idea for my lady friends,
beginning in May.
Eloise will be hosting a new kind of party for us.
The Big Barn Book Club
is going to be 
one part book sharing,
one part food tasting,
one part game playing.

This three stranded get-together
will hopefully braid into a strong cord of friendship
and female camaraderie.


Fun and laughter
mixed with idea sharing
brings forth the best energy.
I see it in school every single day.
If I can accomplish that with children,
perhaps adults can find the same success.

I'll share the information about the meetings through this blog.
I figure if you come back to the Lamp Post
week upon week,
we must like the same things.
If you are reading this,
consider this your invitation
(and please bring a friend or two).
The more diverse the group, 
the better.
Message me for dates and times.




You will bring with you
at least one of the following things:
a book to tell us about (5 minute limit)
and/or
a food or a drink to taste (with copies of the recipe to share).

I'll provide the team style game--
and if you are a winner,
PRIZES!



The party with have a structured, 3-part format
with me as your host.
Beginning:  Food and Drink share
Middle:  Book share
End:  Game

The rules are simple:
No political discussions.
No gossip.
And don't bottle up my driveway--
park in the HC Park
 or I'll ask the winery for parking lot use.


It's a good idea because it's Good Friday--
but actually I think its a Great idea.
I think there are a lot of us out there
looking for some fun.

Almost as much fun as a bunny flying an airplane.

Actually, it's a carrot!


Blessings to you this Easter weekend.
Eloise








No comments: