Saturday, October 14, 2023

Lesson 815: Fall Colors

 Fall is just brilliant in Lamp Post country.

We caught a Saturday at the cabin last week

and were able to enjoy it's full color burst

from Erie 

to Marienville.






The pond at the Community Park got a revamp.
I'm really going to miss the tree,
but I also really like this fish.


The camp will be getting a makeover very soon, too.


You'll have to wait to see what we have in store
for visitors!


I caught these golfers at Harbor Ridge
as I was going into work at Clark School,


making this one of my favorite captures this week!
It also makes me envious of retirement.


We got to see our friend Dallas play hockey this weekend.




We also stopped at a great place to eat 
on the way home from the cabin last Saturday--
Wicked Warren brewery in Warren, PA.
We highly recommend going this month
and choosing a bite to eat
from their Octoberfest menu.


#51,
the Lamp Post's favorite lineman,
took an unexpected turn this week.


He has Mono 
and will most likely be out for the rest of the season.
Heal well
and
heal fast, Sam!


When my family is sick,
it's hard for me to take on any large projects,
although just living my life
feels like a large project most days.
To get my mind off of things,
I step into my stories.

I read many books at one time,
picking up the one I feel the most in the mood for.

This week I only listened to this book,
which I rank as remarkable.
This was her debut novel, too!
Great writing
and a really different story.
Eloise gives this one 5 stars.


As for my eyeball workout,
I'm still on Stephen King's 11/22/63.
The fact that I haven'r read anything else
besides my Master Gardner Manual,
should tell you something.
Wow!
What a story.


To prove that you can find beauty
in an otherwise thorny life,


check out this guy!
Friendy Wendy found him doing his job on a flower.


She even got a video of him,
fully pollen drunk!
You'll hear our excited chatter in the background.

The drunk bee

Have a great weekend!
Eloise




No comments: