Saturday, October 28, 2023

Lesson 817: Scary

 

Hello, Readers.


For you Spooky-Lovers,
this is a nice weekend for you,
with all the pre-Halloween hype.

I've learned birds freak some people out.


They don't bother me all that much, surprisingly.
Eloise is a Certified Fraidycat.

I've been watching this flock,
and I finally caught them landing in the road.


What was the big squawk for this flock?


These!


Birds are scary,
but so are big fish.


You can find this guy in the middle of 


the newly dug out pond
at the Harborcreek Community Park.


Natalie and I checked it out this week
on a dog walk.


That park was peak this week!







It's scary how fast the leaves are falling off my favorite tree!


These photos are just two days apart.


It's scary when your son isn't on the field.


Last week Sam was still too sick to even stand on the sidelines.

Don't ever be fooled with Mono.
The acute phase begins after the first five days.
We watched last week's game via livestream.

The computer was about 20 seconds ahead of the tv,


making the big screen like a full-game instant replay.
That was kind of fun.


Team sports are great character builders.
Sam was well enough to travel to Greenville,
and he celebrated a win with his teammates.


Be afraid next year!
The Huskies will be sharpening their teeth until next season.

The guys took tooth-sharpening lessons from my scary pitties,
especially Penny.
(zoom her photo)


What is scarier than missing the end of your football season?
Missing 10 days of high school classes.
It's been raining make-up work here for four days.


I had a very scary health experience today, 
and had to make a fast exit from school.


I'll say this with the most sincere certainty:
If anything goes awry, get to a school---
someone will help you solve the problem.
There is a plan and procedure for everything,
executed by calm and kind individuals.
Thank you to my Rolling Ridge friends.


I'm supposed to be taking it easy this weekend
although it is 12:16 am and I am still typing.....


When I do get a break on Saturday afternoon
I'll be reading both of these books!
I'm about 70% through them both
and I'm trying to decide if I'll rank them 4's or 5's.



Yes, there will be a fall meeting for the 
Anything But a Book Club Book Club.
I just have to get Sam and I feeling a bit better first.


If you are scared you are going to miss out on Natalie's next 
Happy People shirt sale,
rest easy.
Contact one of the Lamp Posters for a pre-order
and we'll be sure to order one for you in the size you want.
Crewnecks and tees available in November--
hopefully distributed Thanksgiving weekend.
We will post the design and color in a few days.

Old Eloise needs to rest her bones for the night
or I am going to look like this guy in the morning.


Have a great weekend!
Eloise















































No comments: