Friday, October 6, 2023

Lesson 814: Area Code

 Hello, Readers!

What's it like in your Area Code?

The Lamp Post is in one of Pennsylvania's original area codes.

It's the largest one!

I didn't put time into my research this week,

but from the bit I heard,

we are getting a new area code.



I found some info with 2020 dates and a plan,

also some with 2022 dates that it would begin.

Help Eloise out if you know for sure.

The more I read,

the more I was confused.


It will mess up my gift buying 

if we move to 582.  

I love this clothing line from Erie Apparel.

In my search I found what a few sources claimed were 

the most popular area codes.

Let's take a quiz!

Eloise loves quizzes!

See if you know what they are--answers at the bottom of this blog:

Washington DC:  __________

Los Angeles:  ____________

New York City:  ___________

When I read the information about New York City's,

an online source, Ringblaze stated 

that theirs was the most requested area code,

but it was nearly impossible to get it because it was exhausted.

So, that raised two questions in Eloise's old brain:

1.  What deems an area code exhausted?

2. What does nearly impossible mean?

Think some more.

Read some more.

Check your answers below.

After an unseasonably warm week

with temps in the 80's

made the roses feel like it was early July

instead of early October.

It was so warm

we had watermelon for dessert one night this week.

Still,

it is fall--

such a beautiful time of the year.


The leaves are falling

and are extra brown and crunchy this week.





The leaves are reaching their peak of color change,


and the grapes are almost to the perfect amount of sweetness.


Penny's favorite thing


is to ride through the neighborhood vineyards
to the farm stand!


Natalie's been finishing every puzzle in the area code!
She made 4 this week!


Sam passed his Driver's License Test!


We haven't seen much of the Study Bug 
out in Edinboro.
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving 
so I can see her
(and Gus).

What has Eloise been up to?
Learning how to use the saws out in the barn.

I'm working on this,
but it is much harder than it looks.


and I want to make this!
Isn't is just perfect?


Here are the answers to your quiz!

Washington DC--202
Los Angles--310
New York City--212

Have a great weekend,
Eloise







No comments: