Friday, April 12, 2024

Lesson 842: Whiskey and Vegan Pizza


Hello, Readers.

I have an earthy blog for you tonight

given all the attention to the natural world this week.

The full solar eclipse gets top billing.

This was a fairly decent shot,

and the only one I quickly snapped--

aim--turn away--shoot!

I was afraid of wrecking my camera,

which is expensive,

and my eyes,

which are priceless.

Eloise loves celebrations!

We celebrated with Sun and Moon themed drinks and snack--

Blue Moon Beer  and Sun Chips!

So did Six Mile Cellars,

the winery across the street from the Lamp Post,

with wine and eclipse cookies!



It was just as fun to watch everyone looking up!




and of course,

Ellen, out in Edinboro--

looking up in the wrong direction.


                                                These kids are looking in the right direction--

by learning about nature 

at Thank A Farmer Night.







The kids celebrated the bounty of their little corner of the world
by learning about the benefits
of drinking milk
and eating fresh vegetables.

I even shaped my sourdough 
into the shape of the state of Pennsylvania
that evening.

It was fresh, hot sourdough and coffee 
for Eloise most of the week.


April 3rd, 
Dr. Jane Goodall celebrated her 90th birthday.


I watched and read many updates of quiet Jane,
with her simple ponytail 
and gentle ways.


What a life has led!


This is my favorite photo of Jane 
in her younger years.
Here is a video link to the Jane Goodall Institute.
                                                         Jane Goodall Institute CLICK HERE

To learn about Jane's life 
in my favorite way,
click on this link.
Scroll down to find a children's book titled
Me....Jane
by Patrick McDonnell
This is the description:

Dr. Jane reads 'Me...Jane', taking you back to her childhood and her dreams of Africa.

In his characteristic heartwarming style, Patrick McDonnell tells the story of the young Jane Goodall and her special childhood toy chimpanzee named Jubilee. As the young Jane observes the natural world around her with wonder, she dreams of "a life living with and helping all animals," until one day she finds that her dream has come true.

The best thing about this link,
is that Jane reads the story!
I will never get over the joy
of someone reading a story to me!
As far as famous people reading me stories go--
Jane, 
Jimmy Carter
and Robin Williams
 would be my top three.


I need to find this book:



My favorite piece on Jane this week
was her Today Show interview.
Take a look and listen on the link below
and you will see her food and drink of choice
for celebrating her birthday.

                                                    Jane Goodall on Today CLICK HERE

Enjoy your weekend 
celebrating the earth--
rains and all.

Eloise









No comments: