Friday, March 29, 2013

Lesson 223: Good Friday





My dear Friends,

For so long now I have been among you writing these blogs.  I care about you, my readers,  more than you could possibly know.  Even though you cannot see me, you can sense my presence as I am behind the camera lens watching your every move.

Your time on earth is a gift to use wisely.  Don't squander your words or your thoughts.  Consider that even the simplest actions you take for your lives matter beyond measure....and they matter forever.

You may not read me again, here, in this place, but I trust that the seeds I have planted in your minds and hearts will be sufficient to carry you forward.  These are the seeds of perspective.  During the challenge times ahead, you will find that a simple seed of perspective more valuable than diamonds or gold.

I am not gone.  I will be around.  The best is yet to come.

Eloise
Jones


Thought I was shuttin' down, didntcha?  From reading me over the past two and a half years, couldn't you tell that was not my writing style?  You aren't gettin' rid of me just yet!  I got lots more to say!

You're all safe.  The bulb is still burning bright at the Lamp Post.  I paraphrased the words written above from the end of The Noticer by Andy Andrews.  It is part of Jones's final letter found in his mysterious suitcase he carries with him.  For those who purchased the soft cover for our Blog Book Club, the letter begins on page 153.  

In case you haven't read it, I don't want to spoil the very good ending.  Here's a hint though; it has something to do with these.  My family is getting them in their Easter baskets this year.



This is a nice portion of The Noticer to post on Good Friday.  Eloise is a Christian and this part of the story in particular reminds me of that.  Jones, the chameleon-like teacher appearing differently to every person who sees him, goes away. However Jones is not gone.

...and according to this good news, neither is The Noticer!



The sequel will be available October 1, 2013.  You can bet Eloise will be first in line to get her copy.

It snowed all week, leaving me and my Erieites wondering if this winter will ever end.



That didn't stop Eloise and her friends from another winter workout.  


Sam has been wearing his birthday crown for three days straight.
He actually read his birthday card from cousin Polly this year!


Sam blew out six candles and we had some cake.  


There is just something that takes away from the sweetness of it all when these guys are looking up at you.



 Natalie is enjoying extra time to work on her marker art.


 This is as much as poor Ellen will allow me to photograph because she's spending her vacation on the couch sick.  Tonsillitis and a sinus infection.  At least she has time to work on her weaving project for art class.  See, there is always a bright side.  Jones is right.  It is all about perspective.


Enjoy some of my snowy pictures from the week.  The video is set to Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill.  It reminds me of Good Friday.  If you've lost someone recently, this song may be comforting to you as well.  It is pretty.

Make it a Good Friday,
Eloise



No comments: