Friday, March 8, 2019

Lesson 581: Hibernation

Hi there, Readers.
Eloise here.
Pale skin.
Tired eyes.
Dark circles, and all.


No, I'm not sick.
Just looking and feeling 
like most of those in my community,
tired out from the long winter.


We had three straight days with temps
in the teens this week.
I'm looking forward to the days when 
I don't have to open the door
and brace against the cold.

Brrrrr ❄🌪🌫

I've been watching my feral cat colony all week.





I'm trying to land my cat calendar cover shot.
I've seen it on three separate occasions
 and missed it each time.

At night when the coop is lit up with the warming light,
the kitties go inside and peek out the windows.


The cats will look out the windows
and all you can see is the shadowy outline 
of their little heads
with pointed ears!

I haven't been able to get the shot quick enough.
They are so skittish.
I even ran out into the yard
 through the snow
 in my socks
to try to get the shot.

I want spring,
but I'm willing to let it be cold a bit longer
so I can get my Cat Chow Calendar cover shot
that I've been so desiring.

Spring Free Chalkboard Printable from On Sutton Place | Instant DIY Wall Art, Crafts and more!

I love watching those cats,
but so does Hazel.

I didn't notice my reading glasses in tooth reach
when I snapped this shot of Hazel.
I found one lens in the living room
and the bow by the food dish.


I found this on Pinterest,
so this chewing must really be A Thing.

Is your dog a POWER CHEWER? The BULLYMAKE Box is a subscription box specifically catered to heavy chewers. We design and manufacture dog toys in the USA and they are all backed by a 14 day guarantee! Each month you'll also receive our USA made all-natural dog treats. Check us out today! https://bullymake.com

My dog watches the cats,
and the cats watch the birds.

The birds really enjoy the feeders this time of year.





This blue jay was watching me!
He'd tilt his head quizzically,
trying to figure out what I was doing.
And once he did....


he mooned me!


These three crows followed me around the park
in the early morning of my 48th birthday.



I came back cold but invigorated,
with a birthday breakfast ready--
hot coffee,
pancakes,
and homemade maple syrup
tapped from our trees.


With the weekend melt expected to begin tomorrow,
critters 2 legged
and 4 legged
will be on the prowl.
We are ready to come out of hibernation.


American Idol season is underway.
If you have heard the chatter about Alejandro
and missed his audition,
here it is.

Watch a person who I believe 
represents someone who is truly gifted.

Slow stretch,
big yawn,
and get moving out of your hibernation.

Eloise



No comments: