Friday, March 29, 2019

Lesson 585: Aghast


Once in awhile there are weeks with news that leave one aghast,
sucking in air at the mere shock of the unexpected.

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup

Aghast is a good word,
although I always have to think twice at the spelling.

English/Language Arts Lesson for the week:
Here are some synonyms for aghast.

Baldessari, John: Prima Facie (Third State): From Aghast to Upset

I'm still marveling over the fact that my baby is 12!


A dozen candles to blow out this year.




As long as the winter seemed,
I'm amazed that spring is here.
The bluebirds have returned,


and so has baseball season.


I love the photos from early spring--
the bleak skies,
leafless trees,
and boys in cold gear.


It's still sinking in.
My former babysitter has not one child,
but two of her own!





Thanks to Grandma for this lovely gift.
We've have had lots of fun leaving this guy places,
leaving the finder sucking in wind
and clutching the heart.

It's been in the kids' beds,
my coffee cup,
and now my keyboard!


The high school isn't aghast over this news,
it's in an uproar!

'Creekers are surprised and dismayed!

NEWS

Sheetz to Permanently Close Harborcreek Location

All employees will be offered employment at other Erie-area Sheetz stores.
Thursday, March 28th 2019, 7:58 PM EDT by Mike Ruzzi
Updated: 
Thursday, March 28th 2019, 10:42 PM EDT


Eloise is halfway through her book club selection.
It is just an incredible story--
leaving me awed at the end of every chapter.

How can someone rise above this strange childhood
and successfully function in life?


The best suck-in-air stories involve
our Honorable? Secretary of Education,
Betsy Devos.

Appalling!

My parents always taught me if you don't have anything nice to say,
don't say anything at all.

So I won't.

Instead I'll just show you the videos.

Betsy on cutting funding for the Special Olympics.


 And Betsy on the benefits of larger class sizes.



I refuse to ever end this blog on a sour note,
so I'll share a story of worth.

Elizabeth Smart on forgiveness
and overcoming a painful past.

Now this, Readers,
should leave you aghast for good reasons.



Have a nice weekend,
Eloise

Image result for Elizabeth Smart quotes

Image result for Elizabeth Smart quotes


No comments: